Seymour Art Gallery
Apr. 30, 2019
CALL FOR ARTISTS DESCRIPTION:
Eligibility: Open to all artists in British Columbia, but local drop off and pick up is required. The Discovery exhibition is looking to provide exposure to new and emerging artists; therefore, eligibility is limited to artists who self-identify as emerging artists. Artwork may be individually or collaboratively produced.
• Only original works created since January 2015 are eligible.
• We accept work in all media. There are no size restrictions.
• Artists (or artistic collaborations) must submit a minimum of three and a maximum of ten pieces.
• Between three and five pieces per selected artist (or artistic collaboration) will be displayed. Works submitted should be from a single series or body of work as it will be displayed together.
Availability: Work for exhibition must be available for drop off on Sunday, July 21 and will remain on display for the duration of the Discovery exhibition: July 27 – September 7, 2019
Presentation: Work must be suitably prepared for exhibition, ready for presentation. Wall mounted work must be appropriately framed (or have a professional look with finished sides) and must be wired for hanging. Work not properly prepared for exhibition may not be exhibited.
Sales: Work is not required to be for sale; pieces not for sale (NFS) should be labeled as such and should include a value for insurance purposes. Seymour Art Gallery will retain 35% on all works (or orders) sold.
Awards: Emerging Artist Award $300
Entry Fee: There is a $10 (USD) non-refundable Slideroom admin fee. You do not need to be a member of the Seymour Art Gallery to submit, but selected artists must become members ($25 for annual membership).
• 3-10 images, along with title, medium, dimensions, and price (or insurance value if NFS) for each piece
• Your artist bio (including education and experience)
• Your artist statement, speaking specifically to the submitted body of work
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online: https://seymourartgallery.slideroom.com/#/login/program/47360