We have space available throughout the year to display artwork that aligns with our mission to ignite wonder and empower dreams through science and nature, and is relevant to our core audience of young families. We are looking to book our 2020 year from January onwards, and are taking proposals from artists whose work:
1. Brings together art and science in a creative way
2. Uses art as a lens through which to examine, express, or experiment with scientific theories, processes or principles or;
3. Explores the human and social impact of science
4. We love work that sparks the curiosity of the public and invites questions and/or participation
5. 2D and 3D works, and digital art will be considered
The space is suitable for multi-piece shows whether solo or group.
Honorariums based on CARFAC schedule of fees are offered for both single artist and group shows. We also offer to host an opening reception with light refreshments provided by Science World, free to the public, on an evening in the first week of installation if the artist so chooses.
Displays typically range from about 8-16 weeks in length. We are booking for the 2020-21 calendar years, dependent on space and artwork availability.
HOW TO APPLY:
Fill out our short form at https://www.scienceworld.ca/artist-contact-form . Due to the volume of requests, we are only able to contact artists whose work may be a fit.