Geoff McMurchy Artists Development Grant
Kickstart’s Disability Arts and Culture
Application deadline: March 1, 2020
Geoff McMurchy (1955–2015), Kickstart’s founding Artistic Director, was a pioneer in the local and international disability arts community. Anyone who knew him will tell you that he was an amazing Artist, and a trailblazer in the disability arts and culture community, who influenced a huge number of people. Geoff’s dream was that disability art be considered on the same level as all art.
Kickstart wants to keep Geoff’s voice and spirit alive by announcing the first annual Geoff McMurchy Artists Development Grant! The grant will be given annually to an Artist that identifies as living with a disability, working in any media, to support them directly with marketing and financial support
The grant recipient will receive:
- $500 cash award for artistic related costs;
- $250 Opus Gift card
- One meeting with an Artist or Mentor working in the recipients field;
- 500 full colour customized marketing postcards;
- 250 full colour business cards with braille
- Must be a resident of British Columbia.
- Must identify as living with a disability, self-identification.
How To Apply
Application must include the following information:
- Name / and legal name if different
- Complete mailing address
- Contact information: phone and email
- Website (if applicable)
- Resume (2 pages max.)
- Personal biography (1 page max.)
- SIX images of your art or practice (jpegs only)
- Description of your images
- Answer the following questions: Describe your art and your artistic practice. (500 words max.); How will you benefit from receiving this grant? (500 words max.); How will you use the financial award? (250 words max.)
Submit your application via email to: email@example.com with “Geoff McMurchy Grant Application” in the subject line. Via mail: Kickstart Disability Arts and Culture, PO Box 2749 Station Terminal, Vancouver, BC, V6B 3X2.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-343-9141.