G3 Terminal Vancouver invites submissions of a graphic design from Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh youth (under 30) artists. The selected design will help mark G3’s opening and should embody respect of the traditional territory of the site and region, and importance of environmental stewardship of the land and neighbouring waters.
The artwork should also evoke the values of integrity, collaboration, respect and accountability as these are core to G3 and reflect our operating principles. These values further underpin our commitment to the region including with the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh nations, as well as employees, suppliers and contractors, and the broader community.
The selected artist will receive an honorarium of $10,000.
To enter the competition, you must be a Musqueam, Squamish, and/or Tsleil-Waututh Youth Artist living in British Columbia. This Call for Artists also encourages arrangements whereby a youth artist partners with an established Indigenous artist mentor, but this is not mandatory.
For full details: https://g3terminalvancouver.ca/artcall/
– The name of the Youth Artist and any Mentor with whom you worked,
– The age of the Youth Artist,
– Contact information for both the Youth Artist and Mentor (if applicable)
– An electronic version of the design (pdf or jpeg file) and
– An artist’s statement, describing key aspects or elements of the work (not to exceed 250 words/one page).
– A Submission Form and Agreement (available on our website) that the selected winner will license certain intellectual property rights to G3 for the Selected Design. Ownership of the Selected Design will remain with the Youth Artist.
Submission of designs may be delivered by email to: ArtCall@g3.ca .
All digital submissions will receive an email confirming receipt. If you do not receive an email by 4 pm PST on August 30, 2020, please contact Cynthia Stevens by phone at 604-688-2505.