Deadline: September 10, 2pm
Call for Proposals: Whimsical Garden Public Art Project
The City of Port Coquitlam seeks proposals for a public art piece that will be a permanent feature sculpture or installation in a new Whimsical Garden in Lions Park in Port Coquitlam. Proposed artworks should weave together themes of nature and art, evoking a sense of discovery, sparking delight, curiosity and surprise in children and visitors of all ages.
The garden is located in a natural setting in Lions Park, a municipal park the heart of Downtown Port Coquitlam that borders the Coquitlam River and Traboulay Trail, a popular walking and cycling trail. Within the Whimsical Garden, a specific site has been selected for the project.
This call is open to professional artists and artist teams working or living in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Applying artists must be Canadian citizens or have permanent resident status. Qualified artists will have a history of creating artworks for the public sphere.
Artists interested in submitting a proposal are strongly encouraged to attend the Artist Site Visit and Information session on Monday, August 24, 2020, from 1 pm – 2 pm to see the site in person and learn more about its specific features. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download a copy of the Request for Proposals from the City website or request a copy from email@example.com
To qualify for consideration, submissions should be made as a single PDF document, with a file size no larger than 20MB. Submissions should include the following:
1. Schedule C – Form of Proposal, filled out and signed;
2. 1-4 concept drawing(s) that represent the proposed artwork concept;
3. A 1-page (maximum) written statement that includes a description of the proposed artwork concept, its relationship to your art practice and how it relates to this project;
4. A list of the materials of the artwork.
5. A brief description of structural considerations including the artwork base, anchoring and/or mounting structures and foundation; maintenance and repair; as well as public safety.
6. Current CV including professional experience, exhibition history, prior public art experience and other relevant information.
7. Up to 10 images of previous public artwork commissions or artworks that strongly relate to your approach to the public art opportunity. Provide the following information to support the images: title, date completed, medium, location and commission value.
8. Detailed budget for the project (see Schedule C- 1 Financial Proposal) Max budget is $30,000 + GST
9. Detailed timeline for the project (see section 8 – Project Timeline)
Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 pm on Sept. 10, 2020.
Contact Name: Robi Smith
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (604) 927-8443