Professional Development Workshops
The City of Richmond, the Community Arts Council of Richmond, Richmond Art Gallery Association and the Richmond Arts Coalition have joined together to present a duo of workshops that will benefit local arts organizations. Part of the Art at Work series, the goal is to provide professional development opportunities for the cultural sector.
Session 1: Tuesday, October 20, 7:00 to 9:00 PM
The Art of Grant Writing
Camyar Chaichian, Program Manager, Community Cultural Development, City of Richmond
A step-by-step review of the City of Richmond’s Arts and Culture grant program, this session will help you understand how to prepare an application with the highest potential for success. The session will also provide you with tips on how to present written and budget information in a way that clearly articulates your story to any grant jury.
- Understand the overall goal of the City’s Arts and Culture Grant program
- Define what each question within the City grant is asking/looking for
- Learn best practices of budget presentation
- Understand the ‘art’ in grant writing
Questions may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM on October 9.
Session 2: Monday, November 9, 7:00 to 9:00 PM
Board Fundamentals – Roles and Responsibilities
Presented by: Vantage Point
Vantage Point is one of BC’s leading not-for-profit leadership organizations with years of experience across every sector. This comprehensive look at the fundamentals of organizational governance, including the roles and responsibilities of the board, will help your organization build team alignment and engagement in your mission and vision. The session will provide a strong foundation to identify your ideal governance model and how to work effectively within it.
- Define the responsibilities of board members
- Understand the three modes of governance
- Understand practices that build effective boards
- Learn new tools that support good governance
Additional Registration Details
Both workshops are free for members of one of the listed organizations. Membership can be purchased by visiting the link provided.
- Community Arts Council of Richmond (CACR) www.
- Richmond Arts Coalition (RAC) www.
- Richmond Art Gallery Association (RAGA) www.richmondartgallery.
Members of these organizations can register for the workshop by emailing artscentre@richmond.
- Name(s) of individuals attending (If representing an organization, max of two people, please)
- Organization you have a membership with (CACR, RAC or RAGA)
- Which workshop(s) you are registering for
For those who wish to join the workshop without holding membership in any of the listed organizations, there is a fee of $15 per workshop. For paid registration, click here.
If you require more information email email@example.com.